When I arrived at the Oasis Gaza Hotel today, as I sat to lunch, I discovered on the menu that they served Pigeon. Well, after all that talk, I decided I had to try them. Discovering them on the menu meant that I had to have them for dinner.
So, this evening, that's what I had for dinner: pigeons stuffed with rice. It was really very nice. The pigeons are a bit fiddly as they are served unboned, but the flesh is quite tasty, not unlike the darker Turkey meat, say. It was certainly well-worth trying out. That's two Egyptian dishes to that I've adopted as faves.
The Oasis Giza is a different type of hotel to that which I have been using to date. It's a resort style place with rooms all on ground level in squares, surrounding various courtyards of garde ns or tennis courts, or whatever. It's quite comfortable. It also has a well-equipped gym, so I have already had one training session.
Tomorrow is my first tour day and I will be visiting the pyramids! I'm very excited. I will be having dinner on a Nile river boat too, which apparently offers the spectacles of Cairo at night and belly dancers! It's an optional extra that I've taken up because it sounded like fun.
So, this evening, that's what I had for dinner: pigeons stuffed with rice. It was really very nice. The pigeons are a bit fiddly as they are served unboned, but the flesh is quite tasty, not unlike the darker Turkey meat, say. It was certainly well-worth trying out. That's two Egyptian dishes to that I've adopted as faves.
The Oasis Giza is a different type of hotel to that which I have been using to date. It's a resort style place with rooms all on ground level in squares, surrounding various courtyards of garde ns or tennis courts, or whatever. It's quite comfortable. It also has a well-equipped gym, so I have already had one training session.
Tomorrow is my first tour day and I will be visiting the pyramids! I'm very excited. I will be having dinner on a Nile river boat too, which apparently offers the spectacles of Cairo at night and belly dancers! It's an optional extra that I've taken up because it sounded like fun.
No comments:
Post a Comment